A few nights ago, the four of us were hanging out with a friend from down the hall, and we decided that our very late lunch had worn off and we were hungry. It was about 9pm. We didn't want to actually make dinner but we wanted something. I realized I had about 6 vine tomatoes that needed eating. The following is how to make bruschetta when you don't have any bread for toasting.
You will need tomatoes, olive oil, bread crumbs, balsamic vinaigrette, and your favorite shredded cheese (we used parmigiana-mozzarella). Preheat your oven to about 350.
1. Slice as many tomatoes as you would like. As we were feeding 5, we used 4 small tomatoes for a light snack.
2. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with a healthy amount of bread crumbs and Itlaian spices, especially basil and oregano - don't forget some tasty salt to bring out all those delicious flavors!
4. Top with a generous portion of shredded cheese!
5. Pop it in the oven until the tomatoes are sufficiently soft - about 25 minutes. Careful the bread crumbs and cheese don't burn.
6. Remove and immediately drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. Use as much as you enjoy - we really like it, so we used a lot. :)
Be sure to let it cool off a little before eating; they're very hot!!!
There you have a delicious late night snack! Mmmm....