Have any leftover pumpkin puree in your pantry from Thanksgiving like we did? Still craving sweets? We were, and we wanted something SUPER TASTY! We decided to try a bizarro combo of King Arthur Flour's pumpkin donut recipe and this glazed pumpkin donut recipe while not having exactly enough ingredients.
The results were still perfection! We managed to get 16 donuts out of it!
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- just shy of 2 c. whole wheat flour
- Set oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut baking pan.
- Whisk all but the flour in a large bowl, until well mixed.
- Add flour and mix just until clumps disappear.
- Add batter to donut pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking, sprinkle enough brown sugar to cover the bottom of a small sauce pan. Add a couple pats of butter (I recently learned what "pat of butter" means!) and half a tablespoon of water. We only wanted to make enough for a few of our donuts, just to test.
- Melt together on low heat, whisking until thick and smooth.
- Remove the donuts from the over. Cool slightly and then transfer from the baking pan to a cooling rack.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the prepared glaze.
These donuts are surprisingly delicate while warm, but oh so moist and tasty! The brown sugar glaze is also a beautiful touch!