How does a kosher, vegetarian, low gluten household do this, do you suppose? Replace ground beef with the appropriate soy product and replace the rice with black quinoa!
- Saute peppers, onions; add salt and pepper to taste. We also added some yellow squash, just for some extra flavors!
- Cook up quinoa according to package (or if you are en expert, however you may wish to cook it!)
- Add ground soy product to peppers and onions; add some cinnamon for an interesting little spice; and one can of tomato sauce.
- Once quinoa has cooked fully (those little sprouts that pop out when it's ready are so cute), add to the pepper/soy mixture.
- Allow to simmer and soak up the tomato sauce a little bit.